The IT Auditor performs a variety of tasks which include information technology, operation, financial and compliance audit support to add value and improve MetaBank and Meta Payment Services operations.
Essential Job Functions: • Understands and applies audit methodology practices (i.e., service quality process) and role within the process and provides clear, concise and appropriate documentation of work performed, issues and observations using oral and written forms of communication. • Prepares/performs/updates/reports on audit assessments to ensure that information contained within an IT system is accessible by authorized personnel only (including security) on all workstations, servers and databases; adequate standards are in place for system development, data center operations and security, data base management and security, network administration and overall information security; and individual application systems, such as accounts payable, inventory, payroll or human resources to determine the effectiveness of controls over individual application systems. • Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures. • Assists in identifying and communicating opportunities to reduce risk and improve the overall effectiveness of the Meta organization. • Participates in and/or manages projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within the assigned budget and timeline and explaining variances and updates audit records in computer work files and in the ERM tool. • Stay abreast of emerging issues involving internal audit and changes to federal and state banking laws, rules and regulations that could impact the organization and complete annual required educational requirements. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or an IT related field. Masters in accounting, business administration or an IT related field preferred. • Substantial IT knowledge, 2-4 years of experience or training required. • Knowledge of bank regulatory compliance, policies and procedures preferred. • Professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CGEIT preferred. • Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint • Data Extraction or Data Analytics software experience preferred.
MetaBank® is a federally chartered savings bank headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Meta Financial Group, Inc.®, is the holding company for MetaBank and its Meta Payment Systems (MPS) division. As a recognized leader in the industry, MetaBank has been named among the top community banks and thrifts and the top-performing mid-sized banks in the nation. Though we’re receiving attention acros...s the United States for what we do, our focus is and always has been on our customers.
MetaBank operates under a key set of unique guarantees that benefit you:
- We come highly recommended – 9.5 of 10 customers would recommend us to a friend
- We put smiles on our customers’ faces – coffee or bottled water to everyone who walks through the door
- We don’t believe in cutoff times – if you take the time to give your deposits directly to a teller, you’ll get credit for your transaction same-day
- We ensure hands-on, personalized service – any loan or deposit account opened gets at least three MetaBank team members dedicated to it
- We take ownership of our business – every employee is personally invested in your positive experience
- We’re here for you – if you call a branch during business hours, you’ll get a live person, and voicemails receive responses by the next business day
- We promote financial inclusion for everyone with our prepaid cards – your banking experience doesn’t end with a traditional checking or savings account