The Sr. Auditor will be responsible for Third Line of Defense activities, including the execution of the JM Family Enterprises, Inc. audit plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Regular communication / networking with associates throughout the organization for the purpose of ongoing risk identification, monitoring, and information gathering.
2. Helping lead Internal Audit’s risk assessment process. This includes collaboration with associates in the Second Line and First Line of Defense, conducting interviews, assessing risks identified, and helping develop and present the annual audit plan to Senior Management.
3. Planning and conducting audits as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager or Director and according to internal audit procedures.
4. Presenting audit findings and recommendations to all levels of management.
5. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple concurrent audits, projects, and compliance related activities, as requested.
6. Required to work in a collaborative way and coordinate activities with Second Line of Defense functions, including the Enterprise Risk Management group and Business Unit Compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
Active CPA, CIA, CISA or related certification required. Multiple certifications a plus.
Minimum five years of public accounting firm, internal audit, or equivalent work experience required.
Automotive industry experience strongly preferred. Banking industry experience a plus.
Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Visio. Mainframe knowledge a plus.
Operational auditing experience required. IT auditing experience strongly preferred. Financial and compliance auditing experience a plus.
Experience with data analytics, including related software applications, such as ACL, strongly preferred.
Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and ability to make decisions independently.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with all levels of management and maintain strict confidentiality.
Must possess strong analytical abilities as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to travel when required.
Employer does not assist with relocation costs.
About JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
JM Family Enterprises, Inc. is one of the largest, most innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to For for 19 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core values, the three C’s, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation, Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.