Leader, Internal Audit & Investigations (Application Deadline: May 16, 2018)
Technical Safety BC
May 3, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Full Time - Experienced
Canada, Dollar (CAD)
4 Year Degree/Bachelor Degree
1. Leads and manages end to end audits (planning, preparation, execution, reporting, and follow-up) on various types of audits which assess multiple objectives such as operational effectiveness and efficiency; reliability of internal and external reporting (financial & operational); effectiveness of processes and control environments; effectiveness of risk mitigation; effectiveness of information technology system controls; and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
2. Assurance Function - Performs internal audits to the professional internal auditing standards.
4. Preparation: determines audit criteria, reviews relevant documents and records and develops audit procedures and working papers; liaises with external financial auditors; coordinates audits with auditees.
5. Execution: performs fieldwork through interviews to collect information, observations, and reviews objective evidence; performs data analysis, benchmarks with external organizations and researches leading best practices.
6. Reporting: summarizes and validates audit findings, identifies process improvements, provides practical business solutions and prepares audit reports with recommendations to management for implementation; presents audit findings to management, obtains and reviews management responses.
7. Follow up: determines status of outstanding audit action items; validates management’s actions prior to closure; prepares reporting for Senior Management and assists Director, Internal Audit in preparing materials for reporting to the Board.
Advisory Function – Consulting Services
1. Performs program review as requested by management.
2. Performs continuous auditing using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) on key high risks that impact on the organization’s strategy, goals, and objectives.
3. Provides input to business units on the design of internal controls and governance processes for new initiatives.
4. Provides advisory services to management on its initiatives with enterprise risk management.
5. Provides advisory and guidance on internal controls, process reviews and project governance for management.
6. Researches and benchmarks best practices with external organizations as required.
7. Leads confidential investigations, as required, where fraud or other impropriety is suspected. Results of such investigations may lead to disciplinary actions.
1. Liaises with subject matter experts (external consultants) and ensures they deliver the agreed upon services on a timely basis.
2. Provides input to Director, Internal Audit in developing annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan.
3. Manages internal audit projects within budget and schedule.
4. Supports Director, Internal Audit on specific projects to enhance the internal audit function.
5. Depending on internal audit project, manages junior audit staff including recruitment, selection, employee safety employee/labour relations, and performance management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Accreditation as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
A professional accounting designation (CPA. CA, CMA, CGA) with a minimum 5 to 8 years of internal auditing experience.
Requires a degree in business or related discipline, from a recognized educational institution.
Previous experience performing various types of internal audits including operational, IT, internal controls, compliance, and financial.
Working knowledge of MS Office, ACL GRC and CAAT (ie: ACL Analytical).
Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and is confident in dealing with people at all levels across the organization.
Must be able to identify key issues and risks that impacts on the organization and can provide practical solutions for Senior Management
Must maintain high confidentiality on all matters as the incumbent is authorized to have unrestricted access to all company activities, records, property and personnel.
Demonstrate sound understanding of internal controls and risk management principles.
Previous experience with IT environment and system controls
Proficient in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques in accordance with the International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Require knowledge and adherence with the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors, including requirements for auditor independence and objectivity.
Proven project management skills in a multi-assignment environment.
Has a strong attention to detail and is highly organized.
Able to work independently and as a team player.
Able to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from good business practices and be proficient in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques.
Experience with cross-functional business applications, system securities, public sector and not-for-profit accounting standards, payment card industry data security standard, business intelligence, system conversions and fraud investigations are considered assets.
Relocation expenses are negotiable.
Internal Number: 18-59
About Technical Safety BC
Looking for an opportunity to further your career? Technical Safety BC has a bold vision for the future: Safe technical systems. Everywhere. We're expanding our ability to share safety knowledge and meet emerging client and business needs with data and technology solutions.
Technical Safety BC employs a talented workforce of approximately 320 persons with a wide range of education, technical training, skills and experience. We've developed a progressive culture with a deep commitment to accountability, employee learning and engagement
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.