GENERAL FUNCTION: Conducts larger and more complex IT governance, infrastructure &
support, integrated business process and application audits under the direction of an Audit
Manager for various lines of business/functional areas within the Bancorp. Primary responsibilities
include supervision of assigned staff personnel and ensuring that the execution of all audit
activities in the planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap-up phases is conducted in accordance
with established standards.
Typically leads 2-4 staff per audit and manages multiple audits.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating
concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always
doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive
a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results
by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure execution of all audit activities in the planning, testing, reporting and wrap up phases
are in compliance with the Audit Division's methodology /standards and within the timeframes to
support department metrics:
o Collaborate with Financial and/or IT audit team members to plan audit projects.
o Develop audit scope and objectives, risk and control assessments, work programs, and other
deliverables of audit work.
o Delegate responsibilities to audit staff members.
o Lead the audit team in documenting business and IT management processes related to the
entity being audited.
o Execute testing of controls to assess operational effectiveness in managing risk.
o Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills; Ensure accountability and high quality
by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing managers and clients of audit status, and
supervising staff performance.
o Use knowledge of risk and control concepts and industry trends to identify control
recommendations and process improvement ideas.
o Review audit work papers and provide coaching feedback on work prepared by staff auditors.
o Prepare audit report draft; ensuring that all areas of audit process and results have been
o Communicate information to management through presentations and internal audit reports.
o Consistently ensure compliance with Fifth Third Audit Standards and coach staff to develop
their understanding of the Audit Standards.
* Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisory management
within the business line and cross-functional lines to support an effective workflow and
continuous communications. Make significant contributions to customer and client satisfaction and
deliver value to internal and external customer.
* Assist in the identification and continuous monitoring of risks and other potential exposures to
the Bancorp. Assist in the design, maintenance and execution of continuous monitoring
programs that effectively assesses changing risk and the impact on internal controls and planned
audit activities. Develop line of business and industry knowledge base to keep current on
existing and emerging issues; apply this knowledge for the benefit of the Bancorp's risk-based
audit program. Provide input for developing recommendations and action plans to eliminate or.
mitigate observed risks.
* Develop Individual and team performance by understanding and communicating performance
expectations and providing/requesting and acting upon feedback. Establish and execute a
* Participate in departmental processes and initiatives, including employee-focused processes that
promote resource development.
* Lead audit and regulatory issue follow-up processes.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and develop audit staff auditors to ensure optimal
performance in meeting the Audit Division's goals and objectives. Assign, monitor, and review
audit work of staff members assigned to the audit project. Responsible for the day-to-day
supervision of assigned staff auditors, including: active coaching, optimum utilization,
identification of challenging work assignments and mentoring. Manage staff utilization. Provide
timely and effective feedback throughout the audit and through a written periodic performance
review at the completion of each audit assignment. Assist in development of peers and staff by
participating in, and leading, mentoring and education programs that give employees exposure to
audit processes, business knowledge, and technology.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred.
Other related academic majors (e.g., Accounting or Audit) should be accompanied by relevant
work experience in IT or IT Audit.
* CISA Preferred. At a minimum, candidates should be actively pursuing CISA certification,
and/or related professional certifications such as CISSP, CPA or CIA.
* 2+ years Fifth Third IT Audit or large public accounting firm IT Audit experience; or 5+ years
general industry IT audit experience required. Must be experienced in performing audits within a
multi-platform, networked environment. Ideal candidate would have performed audits within the
following environments: Windows, Mainframe, Database and exposure to cyber security, risk
manager's governance, ITIL, architecture and infrastructure concept preferred. Experience in
auditing Financial Services/Banking applications and business processes is preferred.
* Proficient with MS-Windows and other related PC applications. Possess the desire and ability
to learn mainframe applications and automated data analysis tools and techniques. Ideal
candidate has working knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following: operating system
technologies; database technologies; web/internet middleware; application development; data
analysis; or networking technologies.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
* Demonstrates coaching, leadership and project management skills.
* Ability to work within a team environment and maintain professional composure in a dynamic
work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
* Must be able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
* Must be results and goal oriented, possess sound judgment and ability to apply logical/critical
thought processes when developing business solutions.
* Demonstrates ability to display a positive business presence and sound judgment with
management and external personnel.
* Must be able to maintain independence and objectivity in all aspects of position.
3 openings. Relocation expenses are negotiable.
Internal Number: 51134244
About Fifth Third Bank
Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. We’ve staked our claim on looking at things differently to making banking a Fifth Third Better. This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.We employ about 18,000 people, and what we offer is:
• A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial wellness programs.
• An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We’re also a three-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
• An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way.
Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That’s fun and exciting.It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow – as a customer or as a team member.