In this role, the Senior IT Auditor will conduct or participate in integrated audits including Information Technology (IT), Business Operations, Compliance and Financial audits with minimal guidance or oversight. The Senior IT Auditor will take a lead role in executing audits and working closely with the Senior Manager of Internal Audit. Candidates must have proven experience executing projects and engaging business partners to enhance the control environment. A background in IT, Operational, Compliance and Financial audits is required.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Plans and executes IT general and application controls reviews; IT security and governance reviews; J-SOX reviews and controls optimization; Pre- and post-implementation reviews; Business process and Database security controls reviews; and familiarity with ACL analytics and continuous control auditing.
• Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of IT application, configuration and manual controls within complex IT environments.
• Plan and define projects, identify risk areas, develop appropriate audit plan, document findings, and reports per IIA standards.
• Assists with IT risk assessments, reviews of system access, segregation of duties, and documentation of controls/processes.
• Prioritize and assist in scheduling audit tests to be performed and interact with auditees to obtain the necessary information.
• Evaluates the design and effectiveness of controls throughout the business and provides client-focused value added recommendations in a clear manner to stakeholders.
• Reviews the relevance, reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
• Reviews operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
• Reviews the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports and whether the organization is in compliance.
• Use SAP ECC/BI tools to extract data from IT systems for use in audits.
• Partners with IT management and other business owners to enhance IT control environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology field or Accounting, or equivalent in the required field.
• Three to Five years of prior audit experience in public accounting or with a publicly held global manufacturing company or other relevant experience.
• CPA, CISA and/or master’s degree in the field desirable.
• Strong critical thinking and intuitive problem solving approach. Constructive professional skepticism and inquisitiveness. Continuous improvement mindset.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, time management and project management.
• Prior supervisory or project lead experience and demonstrated leadership and employee development experience.
• Ability to form effective working relationships while remaining objective and impartial.
• Competent with software applications such as SAP, Microsoft Office and Audit Command Language (ACL).
Relocation expenses are negotiable.
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that
maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our
advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers
safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
KAC (Komatsu America Corporation) and subsidiaries manufacture, sell, finance, and service construction, mining, and utility equipment and parts to customers in the Americas and overseas. Annual sales of the group exceed $8.0 billion. KAC and subsidiaries consist of a headquarters operation, multiple manufacturing plants, parts distribution warehouses, a finance company and various other subsidiaries including KMC (Komatsu Mining Corporation).