This position provides control oversight through the effective management of information technology audits over application security, computer operations, IT infrastructure design and management, network security, application controls and system development controls projects. The role will be responsible for the execution of a holistic audit approach integrating information technology and data analytics to evaluate Signet’s internal control environment.
The Senior IT Auditor is an independent strong starter with attention to detail, drive to accomplish goals and focus on quality results. This individual has strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams.
1. Lead or execute complex IT audits and special projects. Perform critical project management duties in the planning, execution, review and reporting of audit work including the evaluation of key risks, establishment of audit objectives and development of audit programs to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
2 Ability to identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies. Preparation of audit reports using advanced writing skills. Work with management to ensure corrective actions address root causes and process recommendations are beneficial/value added. Present recommendation to management through status updates and closing meeting. Perform follow up on management’s action plans.
3. Day to day supervision of internal auditors including work paper review, training, coaching and mentoring on audit practices including performance evaluations at the end of each audit/project. Act as technical expert for the internal audit team when performing integrated audits/projects. Mentor/coach the internal audit team in areas of IT audit.
4. Development/implementation of policies and procedures for achieving department objectives. Ability to stay abreast of best practices as well as emerging professional standards, regulatory initiatives, accounting and retail industry trends and threats (internal/external). Act as a conduit for introducing these to the company and department. Advocate the standard audit practice and methodology ensuring quality and consistency in accordance with IIA standards.
5. Assist in the development of the annual audit plan. Administrative responsibilities associated with the overall project management of the annual audit plan.
6. Support and/or lead data analytics projects. Identify areas where data analytics can augment the annual audit plan including ongoing/continuous monitoring activities. Champion the integration of data analytics into the audit methodology.
7. Stay abreast of and provide consultative input on major change initiatives as part of the company’s strategic initiatives (new software implementations, cyber and data privacy initiatives, etc.).
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline; CISA professional certification required.
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience: Retail business experience and/or Big 4 accounting firm IT audit or management consulting experience preferred.
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 3 - 5 years of IT audit experience required.
Technical/Other Skills Required: Working knowledge of data analytics software is required. Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to quickly grasp concepts, analyze data and draw conclusions based on sound judgement; Ability to apply creative and innovating thinking; Ability to work independently and multitask; Solid project management skills; Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
Signet Jewelers is the largest specialty jewelry retailer in the United States and Canada. In the United States, Signet operates in all 50 states primarily under the name brands of Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, and Piercing Pagoda. In Canada, Peoples Jewellers is the largest specialty jewelry retailer located in 9 provinces.
Signet Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity among all Team Members. We value the differences between people and foster an environment of opportunity and acceptance for all, in every facet of our organization. We promote honesty, integrity, and open two-way communication.
Relocation expenses are negotiable.
Internal Number: 13858
About Signet Jewelers
Signet Jewelers is the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry, with over 3,500 stores and Design & Service Centers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. Our brands include Kay Jewelers, the #1 Jewelry Store in America; Zales, the Diamond Store; Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry; Piercing Pagoda; Peoples Jewellers, the Diamond Store since 1919; and H.Samuel and Ernest Jones, the #1 and #2 jewelry retailers in the United Kingdom. Signet also operates JamesAllen.com.