The Cyber Intel & Countermeasures Supervisor provides technical oversight to the threat intelligence and countermeasures function. This position provides leadership, technical expertise, and guidance on a day to day basis ensuring threat intelligence is available and acted upon leveraging the appropriate countermeasures are leveraged within Information Security. He/she will support both reactive incident driven intelligence from system compromise events, forensic examinations, malware analysis and proactive cyber threat information or lead indicators. The candidate will work closely with the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) and Security Tool Team to protect Navy Federal’s infrastructure and assets from cybersecurity threats.
Oversee the cyber threat intelligence function supporting both employees and a growing customer member base from cyber threats and attacks.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage the day to day intelligence activities including advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
• Implement and integrate intelligence analysis methods, tools, and processes to proactively address cybersecurity risks
• Perform advanced intelligence analysis using analytical tradecraft methods and forensic tools
• Promote independent critical thinking to diagnose and analyze threat intelligence data and make decisions on response and remediation
• Weigh business needs against security intelligence and articulate issues to management and/or customers
• Ensure the team is equipped with a combination of Open Source research, network, and host forensic analysis tools and techniques to support investigations
• Develop comprehensive security reports which describe security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to management
• Provide guidance in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and similar documentation related to the function
• Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and Daily/Weekly/Monthly Metrics
• Manage and develop the team, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring, and capability/skill development. Partner with the CSOC Manager to provide clear career paths to staff
• Execute daily adhoc tasks or lead small projects as needed
• Previous experience in Information Security preferably with a cyber threat intelligence support background
• Previous supervisory or management experience over a technical team
• Experience demonstrating knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies, and security tools
• Strong team building skills with an ability to motivate
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university in a technical / engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Security Tools related to Enterprise Log Management, IDP/IDS, Antivirus, Firewalls, Proxies, DLP, Forensic Analysis and SIEM
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills preferably related to technologies and support processes
• Strong planning and organizational skills to set priorities and achieve goals
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent Benefits to include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Education etc. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Navy Federal, the world’s largest credit union, is looking for motivated, enthusiastic employees to help us deliver our world-class service to our 3.3 million members around the globe.
We offer employees a career, not just a job. A career at Navy Federal provides both stability and the opportunity to learn, develop and grow with us. Openings are available at our corporate headquarters in Vienna..., Virginia; our Pensacola, Florida campus and our network of worldwide branches.
Our 7,000+ employees enjoy competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits:
Financial planning and retirement plans
Employee incentive programs
Navy Federal's workplace is a smoke-free environment, including buildings, grounds and parking areas.
EOE M/F/D/V - This is a drug- and smoke-free workplace.