Director IM/IT – Internal Audit and Advisory Services
$87,600.00 – $114,100.25 annually
The Ministry of Finance's Internal Audit and Advisory Services (IAAS) supports Treasury Board by providing independent and objective assurance and advice to support governance, accountability, performance management practices and effective financial management.
Directors of Internal Audit and Advisory Services provide leadership and direction to ensure the delivery of an effective program of internal audits and reports. The Director IM/IT is primarily responsible for leading and performing a wide range of complex IT audit/reviews in major information systems and IT governance areas of the BC public sector to ensure they are aligned with generally accepted frameworks and are consistent with strategic direction. As required, the Director IM/IT also plans and conducts non-IT reviews. As the ideal candidate, you possess working experience in IT audits and analysis including reviewing, testing and analysing complex IT infrastructures; assessing IT strategies, policies and procedures; evaluating the effectiveness of IT security controls and information systems in supporting business processes; and reviewing the effectiveness of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Completion of a recognized accounting designation CPA (formerly CA, CGA, CMA); and/or
· Other relevant education, including MPA, MBA, CIA, CISA. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
· Minimum of 6 years of current or recent audit and/or advisory experience (with preference given to internal or performance audit experience)
· Minimum of 4 years of current or recent experience in a supervisory role (project or otherwise).
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation
· Minimum of 3 years of current or recent experience reviewing IT governance processes and controls, including information systems, change management, systems project management, information security and privacy, and computer operations
· Experience in applying generally accepted IT control frameworks (e.g. COBIT and ITIL) in an audit context
· Preference may be given to applicants who have 2 or more years of experience in a complex IT environment which includes security practices
Across British Columbia dedicated employees of the BC Public Service are making valuable contributions every day to provide outstanding service to the people of our province. When you put your ideas to work with us, you'll have access to a range of career options, unique benefits and experiences that you just won't find anywhere else.
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.