Vanderbilt University MedicalCenter (VUMC) has a direct hire, full-time position for a Principal StorageSystems Administrator. This person will be working within a complex,multi-tiered Dell EMC storage environment, and will Implement and managestorage systems and provide technical competence within the organization with infrastructurecomponents for enterprise, mission critical computing environmentsindependently. Technologies this person will be interacting with include, butare not limited to: EMC VMAX/VNX, brocade directors and switches, and TivoliStorage Manager.
This Principal SystemStorage Administration can expect to provide expert support and direction forstorage administration, performance tuning, monitoring, and capacity planning.Will also design and build storage infrastructure to support the businessenvironment, as well as recommend, develop, and enforce policies and proceduresfor maintaining the security and integrity of data.
Additionally, thePrincipal System Storage Administration will function as a lead on projects,and lead teams and coach the development of other Storage Administrators.
This role offers careergrowth, organizational visibility, a comprehensive benefits package and theopportunity to lead a technically talented and highly collaborative team.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership for design services of enterprise data management environments, including storage systems, storage connectivity networks, and data protection platforms. Expert on the design and build of storage infrastructure to support the business environment. Recommends, develops and enforces policies and procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of data. Functions as lead on projects. Coaches the development of other Storage Administrators. Implements complex large/multiple development projects.
Designs and implements business computing storage environments.
Administers and manages storage system environments.
Provides technical guidance to others in organization.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
STORAGE MGT BEST PRACTICES (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in applying best practices in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a role in establishing improvements in existing best practices and developing new ones for the company. May participate in advanced technology, engineering, or architecture areas which prepare best practices for use of new products and processes as they are brought into the company.
STORAGE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates high levels of expertise in applying performance metrics in challenging and complex situations regarding performance problems. Able to interpret performance information and make recommendations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results and researches metrics in new areas for potential use. Plans performance and stress tests.
STORAGE AREA NETWORKS (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in storage area networks in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Consistently develops storage area networks in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Contributes in the development of storage area network best practices for the organization.
STORAGE TROUBLESHOOTING (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the ability to identify, locate, isolate, and resolve or repair highly complex problems relating to mission-critical products, processes, computers, communications devices, systems, cables and other equipment. Able to make use of the capabilities of both primary and specialty diagnostic tools and analyzers available. Has an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of vendors to find and fix problems. Capable of finding solutions and answers beyond the area of specialty. Displays the ability to grasp and resolve complex problems quickly and easily. Anticipates problems before they occur or before they grow. Provides a feeling of confidence and integrity while resolving problems.
Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and guides team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.