Role Value Proposition:
The Senior Systems Engineer position is responsible for research, evaluation, design, engineering and implementation of MetLife's enterprise data management and integration systems, the underlying infrastructure, and integrations with other enterprise systems and applications using AIX, Linux, or Microsoft technologies. The Senior Engineer will also provide technical leadership to the engineering team, various levels of management, vendors, operations staff, peers, business users and application developers as needed.
- Provide technical expertise in the planning, engineering, design, implementation and support of data management and integration system infrastructures and technologies. This includes the systems operational procedures and processes.
- Partner with the Capacity Management, Production Management, Application Development Teams and the Business to ensure customer expectations are maintained and exceeded.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products and technologies, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Identify and resolve complex data management and integration system issues (Tier 3 support) utilizing product knowledge and structured troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Support Disaster Recovery implementation and testing as required.