At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
The Risk & Assurance Auditor I will execute, or assist with the execution of audit plans designed to identify risk, to mitigate loss, and to protect the people, assets, and cash flow of the company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in developing audit plans and performing initial and follow-up audits in accordance with professional standards.
· Assist in the development of audit scope using risk assessment techniques.
· Provide suggestions for revision of audit programs where necessary to accomplish audit objectives.
· Perform, or assist with performing financial, operational, and/or other audits and projects in a professional manner to evaluate the existence, efficiency, and effectiveness of internal control procedures.
· Interview persons in areas under review to gain an understanding of how systems and/or processes operate.
· Review workflows and business processes as well as evaluate the adequacy of internal controls.
· Gather, analyze, and document complex information.
· Examine evidence obtained during audits with respect to compliance with policies, adequacy of procedures, effectiveness of controls, and efficiency of practices.
· Perform data analysis utilizing PC based spreadsheet applications.
· Prepare audit workpapers documenting each audit step in the audit program. Ensure information is presented clearly, concisely, accurately, in a logical format, and has appropriate audit conclusions.
· Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
· Make, or assist in making oral, and/or written presentations to management at the conclusion of an audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective actions, and suggesting improvements in internal controls.
· Help develop recommendations for improvements to existing systems and processes.
· Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards in the fields of internal audit, accounting, information technology and/or other related matters of interest to the department.
· Develop and maintain effective communication and rapport with team and customers.
· Act as a positive role model in a group; work effectively with others.
· Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
· Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
· Demonstrate understanding of Jabil’s goals & business strategy and key industry trends and issues in the markets. · Use internal and external data to understand the underlying causes / drivers of issues and opportunities. · Gain a basic understanding of the roles and processes of other functional departments. · Ability to travel internationally. · Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor. · Comply and follow all procedures within the company’s various administrative policies including, but not limited to security and non-disclosure policies. · Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately. · May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Understanding of internal audit standards, procedures, techniques, risk assessment practices, and frameworks such as COSO and/or CobIT. · Basic understanding of accounting principles and techniques (for auditors working on financial based audits), or basic IT knowledge (for auditors auditing the IT environment), or other specialty areas (security, fraud investigation, etc). · Basic critical thinking and analytical skills to help evaluate information received and identify critical trends in the information being reviewed.
· Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· INFORM: Able to keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information · LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view · SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding. · QUESTION: Able to use effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information, Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased, Able to challenge assumptions · BE STRAIGHTFORWARD: Able to communicate directly (to-the-point) and rely on fact-based positions; Able to avoid the use of ambiguous language or statements that contain hidden or double meanings. · WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others. · BUILD AND MEND RELATIONSHIPS: Able to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods (both verbal and non-verbal); Able to show consideration for the feelings and needs of others; Able to show awareness of the impact of own behavior on others; Able to recognize when relationships are damaged and take action to improve them. · COLLOBORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization · MAINTAIN COMPOSURE: Able to stay calm and even-tempered when handling a crisis or stressful situations; Able to recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations or adverse conditions · RESOLVE CONFLICTS: Able to bring conflict into the open and use it productively to enhance the quality of decisions; Able to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive working relationships with those who disagree; Able to help others resolve disputes and reach agreement · ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions. · ADAPT: Able to maintain effectiveness by changing personal behavior and work routines / habits in response to new circumstances and requirements. · SHOW DIVERSITY AWARENESS: Able to be aware of diversity in the workforce and customer base; Able to understand cultural differences and perceptions; Able to show acceptance of, and respect for, the differences in others; Able to avoid intolerance or encouragement of behaviors that devalue an individual because of differences. · BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor. · BE RESOURCEFUL: Able to be willing to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change; Able to develop new approaches to work systems or problem-solving; Able to maximize use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with company objectives; Able to know who to go to and make use of others' expertise. · DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards. · BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-
making. · BE A QUICK STUDY: Able to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and processes; Able to build on current knowledge and skills; Able to gather information from the appropriate resources to develop and execute plans when entering new situations. · SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field. · Minimum 2-4 years related work experience related to audit, accounting, finance and operations. · Successful completion of the CISA, CPA, CIA, or equivalent exam preferred.