Responsible for supporting day-to-day information security operations and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) functions of the Information Security Office. Major functions include information security risk management, security policy enforcement, 3rd party vendor management, providing oversight on monitoring intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability assessments and remediation. Assist with the development and delivery of risk assessments and risk mitigation. Assist with the development, monitoring, and enforcement of policy and practice standards to ensure that UT Arlington’s resources and information are secure from unauthorized access, protected from inappropriate alteration, physically secure, and available to users in a timely fashion.
1. Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) – Assist with: information security risk management; develop or implement risk assessments, risk identification methods, track controls, audit controls, risk ranking, risk disposition, etc. Lead due-diligence risk reviews of third parties, new software and/or applications. Support office operations and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable state and federal requirements, e.g. PCI, GLBA, FERPA, TAC 202, NIST 800-171, etc. Provide risk consulting to institution stakeholders, make recommendations on remediation of risks and assist business owners with information security risk assessments and risk treatment plans. Assist with the Information Security Advisory Committee, and other security governance activities. Assist with the development, monitoring, and enforcement of policy, along with policy exception tracking.
2. Security Metrics and Reporting – Assist with periodic reports for the President, Executive Management, UT System and Texas DIR. Maintain the Information Security Office Risk Register and risk reports.
3. Information Security Projects – Assist with the development of requirements for, and take part in, information security projects. Provide strategic direction and consulting to support cross-functional security activities and project teams including security strategy, solution, architecture, technology products, design and implement security architecture, infrastructure hardening and compliance. Interface with OIT and non-OIT personnel to resolve security related issues.
4. Security Monitoring – Assist with monitoring the security of specific components or supporting infrastructure at UTA- including but not limited to Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, vulnerability scanning, Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), log analysis, firewall rules, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), identity management, access management, risk assessments, encryption, sensitive data discovery, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Mobile Device Management MDM. Reports, records, and works with departments to resolve security related issues and incidents.
5. Security Awareness – Support the development and implementation of security awareness training programs. Performs other duties assigned.
Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with three to four (3-4) years of experience in one or more of the following: networks, databases, security, web development, IT audit or risk management or the equivalent experience.
In depth knowledge and practical experience with security controls and implementing and/or auditing risk frameworks, e.g. NIST 800 series, ISO 20001, CIS Top20. Knowledgeable about information security risk management practices.
Master's degree preferred. Certifications related to the duties and responsibilities specified, including but not limited to: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, and/or CISA.
Technical knowledge of operating systems, defense-in-depth concepts, networks, security related technologies, and security configurations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX systems, firewalls, TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, access management, encryption, configuration management, vulnerability scanning, and application security best practices.
Experience in the implementation of GRC strategies. Solid knowledge regarding risk management practices and GRC concepts and automation tools.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, and major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: No
Location: Ft. Worth
Internal Number: 10124
About University of Texas at Arlington
The University of Texas at Arlington sets the standard for educational excellence in the thriving Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and is one of the nation’s fastest-growing public research universities. With an enrollment of 38,000 on-campus students and an additional 15,000 online degree-seeking students, UTA is the second-largest institution in The University of Texas System. The University offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through 10 colleges and schools and is rising in stature through its commitment to transforming the lives of students, pushing the boundaries of knowledge, and serving a growing and diverse community. UTA has developed a strategic plan, “Bold Solutions, Global Impact” (http://www.uta.edu/strategicplan). Taking advantage of our unique location at the center of the fastest growing urban region in the U.S. and adjacency to the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, our vision is to be ‘The Model 21st Century Urban Research University’. To support this vision, our strategic plan focuses on four over-arching themes across the University: Health and the Human Condition, Sustainable Urban Communities, Global Environmental Impact, ...Data Driven Discovery and Knowledge Management. The College of Engineering is playing a critical role in the advancement of each of these themes. Our highly ranked academic programs attract the best and brightest scholars from around the world, and our faculty and students consistently receive national and international recognition for their accomplishments. U.S. News & World Report ranks UT Arlington fifth among national universities for undergraduate diversity, we are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution, and the Military Times recently named UTA as the best 4-year College for veterans in the state of Texas. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks UT Arlington among the 20 fastest-growing public research universities in the United States over the last 10 years. With a population of 7 million, the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is the fourth-largest urban area in the United States. It covers an area larger than the states of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. The Metroplex is the economic and cultural hub of North Texas and has the 10th-largest gross metropolitan product in the world. Not only is it an exciting place to live and work, the Metroplex offers UT Arlington a host of unparalleled scholarly, research, and economic activity. UTA has been a catalyst for redevelopment and revitalization in the central business district of Arlington, establishing a true college town environment in downtown Arlington. UTA’s 20-acre, mixed-use College Park District provides new special events and student living space, restaurants, and parking as part of its broad-based initiative to generate and support economic activity at the city’s urban center. In addition, the University is expanding its footprint in both Fort Worth and Dallas and has plans to increase its global presence building on active partnerships led by the College of Business and the College of Nursing and Health Innovation in Central and South America, South East Asia and the Middle East. For more information on University of Texas at Arlington, visit: www.uta.edu
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.