Mitchell Wiggins, an established CPA firm in Central Virginia, with offices in Richmond and Petersburg, is seeking a Firm Administrator with qualified HR Generalist experience. The Firm Administrator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling day-to-day operations. The position encompasses a wide range of activities to include administration, recruitment, personnel and benefits administration, and policy development. The Firm Administrator works closely with the Management Committee on firm-wide initiatives, problem solving and decision-making.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Controls office workflow to regulate and maintain a balanced workload for professional and administrative staff.
• Suggests innovative ideas to help the firm run more efficiently.
• Develops strategies to apply consistent policies and procedures between office locations, including standardization of office procedures, systems and forms.
• Maintains CPE records and distributes reports periodically to staff to assist with managing CPE requirements.
• Directs and monitors the accounts receivable collections process. Assists firm management in other financial matters as directed.
• Analyzes space requirements, recommends changes in space utilization and provides support in the negotiation of office leases.
• Oversees procedures for protection, retrieval, transfer, retention and disposal of records.
• Schedules and arranges all firm social events.
• Recruits, interviews, and hires candidates for administrative positions.
• Assigns responsibilities and supervises the administrative staff; develops training programs and career paths for administrative staff and reviews performance of administrative staff.
• Directs new employee orientation program.
• Maintains personnel files with current information.
• Monitors personnel evaluation system.
• Coordinates and oversees the administration of all employee benefits programs and recommends revisions to maintain a competitive compensation and benefit package.
• Maintains personnel manual in accordance with applicable employment laws and guidelines. Updates personnel policies. Prepares/coordinates preparation of job descriptions.
• Holds administrative staff meetings to gain feedback and offer suggestions to support staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred
• HR certification is preferred
• Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills
• Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills, time management skills, ability to multi-task, determine priorities
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work with and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think innovatively and make suggestions for improvement
Internal Number: FirmAdmin10.2019
About Mitchell Wiggins
Enjoy a work-life balance culture while working in a broad range of industries at Mitchell Wiggins. You will experience the complete tax and audit functions from planning and preparation, visiting client locations, and presenting the final product to our valued clients. You will enhance your audit and taxation research skills while working in a team setting. Positions are available for motivated, responsible and intelligent individuals who desire career advancement and participating in our firm growth. Mitchell Wiggins services individuals, a wide-variety of industries for mid-sized privately held companies and well-known not-for-profit organizations. For more information, visit mwpca.com/careers, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and connect with us on LinkedIn.