About this role
Are you passionate about working for a global company within Internal Audit?
Join Newmont! You'll be in an individual contributor role under the direction of the Global IT Audit Supervisor to provide assurance over technology-related services through governance reviews, operational reviews, integrated audit procedures, SOX and targeted advisory projects. You will assist the internal audit technology function in the continued development and maintenance of the technology assurance roadmap to inform the rolling 12-month internal audit plan. And you'll contribute to the organization’s strategic goals through strategic department initiatives and enterprise risk management responsibilities.
In this role you will
Under general supervision, you will participate in IT SOX, audit plan execution, enterprise risk management responsibilities, strategy development, and individual training & development. performs the following functions:
IT SOX (45%)
- Actively participate in, conduct, and lead Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT General Computer Control (ITGC) reviews.
- Document, assess and test IT internal controls surrounding financial reporting in order to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Audit the IT infrastructure, SAP application and associated infrastructure and key systems projects or significant IT changes at each Newmont site.
- Responsible for communication with external auditors where necessary and appropriate for the specific project.
Audit Plan (35%)
- Perform assignments requiring understanding and application of audit principles, practices, and concepts.
- Devise own methods to accomplish objectives and/or audits while using Internal Audit’s methodology.
- Complete planning work on assigned segments of the audit and in determining the extent of audit testing and workpaper content.
- Execute fieldwork through review of transactions, documents, records, reports, processes, and procedures and prepare audit workpapers, recording and summarizing data.
- Discuss audit findings with partners to verify facts, acquire background information to support conclusions, and reach agreement.
- Assist, as requested, with the summarization of audit findings and the preparation of formal audit reports.
- Assist with preparing presentations of audit results.
- Consults with and assists partners in making processes more effective through redesign/re-engineering.
- Partner internally to identify constructive and valuable solutions to address issues identified.
- Perform integrated audit activities with cross-functional IA teams.
- Perform or assist in the performance of special assignments requested by management
Enterprise Risk Management (10%)
- Engage key partners to ensure they confirm the accuracy of the ongoing department risk register for the internal audit plan
- Contribute to the identification, analysis, monitoring, control rationalization of technology-centric enterprise risk
Department Strategy, Training & Development (10%)
- Contribute to the internal audit team through ongoing development and execution of the department’s strategy
- Support completion of key department initiatives to promote the continuous improvement mentality
- Manage professional development through identification of training courses to ensure continued growth
- Align with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
The above duties and responsibilities representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills & experience checklist
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems management, computer science, accounting, business administration or related field.
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CIPP, CPA, CIA or equivalent designation.
- Five years of experience, with a minimum of three years in “Big 4” public accounting or leading consulting firm
- Requires a high level of technical skills in IT general control and SAP auditing techniques.
- Experience in information systems auditing and pre-implementation review of information systems projects.
- Knowledge of enterprise-specific technologies (e.g., SAP, Resolver, SharePoint, TeamMate and Enablon) a plus.
- Knowledge of the mining industry a plus.
- Effective communication
- Builds effective working relationships
- Ability to influence
- Leads through vision and values
- A continuous improvement mentality
- The position will sit in the Greenwood Village, CO Corporate Office.
- Working in our inclusive environment, telephone calls or other meetings may take place before and/or after normal local business hours to accommodate other regions' work schedules and priorities.
- Travel (up to ~10%) to domestic or foreign locations is required, potentially over extended periods of time (~1-2 weeks) may be required to conduct audits.