Join Newmont! As the Global Internal Audit Analytics & Innovation Manager, you will support and develop roadmaps for all internal audit innovation, technology, and methodologies globally. You will develop, implement, and maintain digital solutions to achieve department transformational objectives aligned with the department’s three-year strategy and Newmont's digital strategy. You will advance data analytics as a fundamental component of our global Internal Audit (IA) approach to increase audit effectiveness across the department. You will develop the global IA and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) innovation program by leading future initiatives related to agile auditing, automation and continuous monitoring.
In this role you will
Perform data analytics using data preparation, analysis and visualization tools and advanced analytics techniques to support Internal Audit and ERM projects
- Translate business challenges into requirements working with technology departments to execute solutions aligned to company objectives
- Consult with partners to understand operational processes and assist in making processes more effective through redesign/re-engineering
- Partner with colleagues to identify constructive and valuable solutions to address inefficiencies
- Devise own methods to accomplish objectives while aligning with global Newmont policies and standards
- Understand and communicate technical solutions to non-technical partners
- Conduct training on existing and newly developed methodologies and solutions for the team globally
- Provide support to our global IA team in the use of analytics tools and other technology
- Perform special assignments as requested
The above duties and responsibilities representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills & experience checklist
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, statistics, math, or a related field and minimum 6-10 years of data analytic or data science experience with a publicly-traded company.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, handle several tasks concurrently, and work efficiently within time requirements established by department management.
- Exhibited excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibited development and project delivery experience with:
- Data definition, collection, cleansing, analysis, and interpretation of results
- Quantitative modeling, statistics, or data mining
- SQL, Python, and business intelligence tools
- Visualization software, preferably Tableau
- Google Cloud Platform services (e.g. BigQuery) or similar
- Leadership qualities including ability to inspire and/or persuade others including associates in Internal Audit, ERM, and business partners across the organization
- Self-motivated and driven in both team and independent settings to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to perform multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation technologies (e.g.: Blue Prism, UI Path, etc.) a plus
- Current SAP knowledge and/or the mining industry a plus.
- Certified Analytics Professional or equivalent designation a plus.
- Ability to learn department methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of audit management software a plus.
- Most important competencies:
- Technical acumen
- Builds effective working relationships
- Impact and influence
- Leads through vision and values
- A continuous improvement mentality
- Effective communication
Working conditions & location
- The position will sit in the Greenwood Village, CO Corporate Office.
- Working in our inclusive environment, telephone calls or other meetings may take place before and/or after normal local business hours to accommodate other regions' work schedules and priorities.
- Travel (up to 10%) to domestic or foreign locations for short to extended periods of time may be required.