LOCATION: Preferred location is Westfield Center, OH, but could be open to remote work within Westfield's operating territory.
84,839.00 97,564.00 110,291.00
IT Internal Auditor Level 2 Job Summary
Under the direction of the IT Internal Audit Leader, working under minimal supervision, is responsible for completing most aspects of the audit process including planning, performing risk-based assessments, identifying controls used to manage risks, as well as developing and executing testing procedures to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within budgeted timeframes. Additionally, responsible for writing audit reports with observations, exposures, and recommendations; communicating effectively and working closely with all levels of employees.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Manages completion of assigned work within deadlines while maintaining the highest quality and adhering to professional audit standards.
2. Manages completion of assigned audits within deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of audit work. Ensures awareness and compliance with audit processes.
3. Completes test steps in accordance with the risk and control matrix.
a. Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidential matter.
b. Prepares clear and complete work papers supporting the audit results.
c. Communicates and validates audit observations with client leadership.
d. Formulates written recommendations and prepares formal audit reports for an audience of senior leadership and the Audit committee.
4. Utilizes the Internal Audit Department’s Charter, Internal Audit Policy and Procedures Manual, and the goals of the organization to create a consistent and quality approach to the audit function.
5. Provides ongoing internal controls support to business units by consulting on projects, special requests, and other auditorsrisk management activities.
6. May be assigned as a lead of audits and/or projects. Supervises the work performed by other auditors assigned to the project; manages work products, budgets, and deliverables.
7. Updates narratives, walkthroughs, flow-charts, and test of controls, and coordinates completion of IT general controls testing required to support external audit work.
8. Performs the necessary follow-up procedures related to audit observations in a timely manner.
9. Shares knowledge, trends, and best practices with team members to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the completion of audits and to enhance the company’s risk assessment.
10. Furthers company relationships to increase the understanding of Internal Audit throughout the organization and to be viewed by those outside the department as a reliable IT risk and controls resource.
11. Remains current with industry trends and enhances knowledge and expertise within the Internal Audit department, as well as information technology relevant to the insurance industry.
12. Maintains the highest ethical and professional Internal Audit standards.
13. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 4 years of IT and/or IT audit experience.
2. Experience in two or more of areas of IT (e.g. networking, operating systems, systems software, application management, information security, business continuity/disaster recovery, system development life cycle, data analysis, change management processes, identity and access management, cloud services).
3. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification.
4. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, or other related field OR commensurate experience.
5. Experience leading audits and/or projects.
6. Familiarity with control frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT, NIST 800-53 or ITIL).
7. Experience collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends, establishing facts, and recommending solutions.
8. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
9. Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaboration tools (SharePoint, Webex, conference calls).
10. Conduct is in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards of the internal auditing practice.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Westfield will be admired as a leading personal and commercial lines property-casualty insurance company enabled by an exceptional team known for expertise and caring. We will be distinguished by excellence in commercial insurance, and customers will choose us for our insight about risk and the value we deliver.
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.