At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Reporting to the Information Security Officer, the Information Security Analyst is responsible for contributing to information security policy development and maintenance; design of security policy education, training, and awareness activities; monitoring compliance with LPCH IT security policy and applicable law; and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents. Working with the Information Services (IS) team (LPCH and partners), the analyst will monitor, assess, and fine-tune network penetration tests, application vulnerability assessment scans and risk assessment reviews in a primarily Windows environment. The analyst will develop security architecture and assist with security integration with IS and LPCH strategic planning and architecture.
* Actively participate in the health care and general security community (mailing lists, blogs, etc.).
* Assist in the development and communication of Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
* Collaborate with IS management, the legal department, security, risk, Internal Audit, peers from other areas of the Stanford Medical Center, and law enforcement agencies to manage security vulnerabilities.
* Conduct institution-wide data classification assessment and security assessments and manage remediation plans.
* Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues and technology solutions.
* Coordinate and execute IT Security projects; evaluate and implement new security technology solutions.
* Coordinate response to information security incidents.
* Create, manage and maintain user security awareness.
* Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow at LPCH to ensure that internal security controls for the institution are appropriate and operating as intended.
* Prepare documentation, campus notifications, web content, alerts, and user training materials.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
* Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
* Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
L ucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Internal Number: 8616758
BACK TO TOP
ISACA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ISACA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ISACA Career Centre.