Teacher Retirement System of Texas is an organization that values our employees and the impact they make on public education employees. We cultivate an atmosphere or continued growth and learning and work-life balance.
We are seeking to add a new team member to our already robust Internal Audit team. This position is perfect for an individual who wants to use their expertise to make a difference in millions of lives by ensuring compliance and best practices are instituted across the organization.
The Senior Information Technology Auditor performs advanced (senior-level) information systems auditing. Work involves leading and conducting technical audits of information systems, platforms, and operating procedures. Prepares audit findings regarding the efficiency, accuracy, and security of financial and non-financial programs. Assigns the work of others when acting as a project team lead. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Audit, Consulting, and Advisory Projects
• Acts as a project team lead for IT audit projects and performs first level review of audit work performed by others.
• Performs information systems audits, including IT governance and strategic planning, IT general controls, application controls, information security, and evaluation of information technology operating procedures and internal controls.
• Conducts interviews of audit clients and prepares system and data diagrams to identify manual and systems process interaction and critical controls.
• Prepares audit reports dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a timely manner for internal and external audiences.
• Analyzes relevant data file structures, designs data-mining techniques, develops specific testing steps and writes Audit Command Language (ACL) scripts to facilitate the continuous audit projects and achieve audit objectives.
• Conforms to standard audit procedures in performing advanced audit work, including identifying issues and developing recommendations, developing criteria for procedures, reviewing and analyzing relevant information, evaluating evidence, documenting business processes and procedures, and completing audit documentation.
• Communicates the results of audits to management, the Audit Committee, and the Board of Trustees.
• Evaluates and provides the appropriate levels of consulting, testing, assistance, and recommendations for the use, integration, maintenance, and enhancement of IT systems throughout the agency.
• Participates in other audits and performs data mining and data analysis in support of projects in operations, financial, benefits, investments, and health care areas as assigned.
• Provides technical support for financial and performance audits and performs information technology audits and computer-assisted audits.
• Tests transactions; ensures compliance with laws, regulations, and policies on privacy and public access to data; and tests controls.
• Serves as subject matter expert on data analytics and IT security issues.
Audit Procedures Development
• Participates in the identification and evaluation of risk in the information technology/systems areas, and provides input to the Annual Audit Plan.
• Develops or assists in the development of IT audit procedures, including developing testing steps, working papers, and guidelines for the efficient performance of audit work.
• Reviews or assists in reviewing and recommending IT control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information.
• Maintains good rapport with IT management and keeps abreast of key IT projects and TRS initiatives
• Serves as an advisor or observer on TRS key committees or workgroups that are related to information technologies and/or key processes that may have data security or IT vulnerability concerns.
• Advises Chief Audit Executive of key IT trends and risks TRS may face in the near future
• Performs audit work for health care, investments, finance, and benefits areas as assigned.
• Researches and reviews computer assisted audit tools and leading IT and continuous auditing best practices.
• Provides technical support to Internal Audit staff in the use of ACL, TeamMate Audit Management Suite, and other technology tools.
• May serves as TeamMate System administrator and may train others for additional backup.
• May provide training and coaching in ACL and data analytics.
Performs related work as assigned