Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It’s an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It’s having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you’re someone who cares, there’s a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work®
Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
JOB TITLE - IT INTERNAL AUDITOR
This position can be REMOTE or based at the Sedgwick corporate headquarters in Memphis, TN, or a combination of both.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To perform IT internal audit procedures under general direction and to assist in supporting the Company’s ISO 27001 and SOC certifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts IT audit procedures in conformance with auditing procedures and departmental policies including walk-throughs, testing IT controls, preparation of narratives and IT risk/control matrices; identifies control gaps and weaknesses.
- Performs data analytics on large data sets.
- Provides recommendations for improving the organization’s IT controls and operations.
- Assists in preparing audit programs and identifying IT risks.
- Develops and modifies internal audit programs to include all Company functions and communicates with management as needed during audit activities.
- Prepares and reviews draft reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required (10-15%)
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major in Information Systems or Computer Science. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.
Six (6) years of IT experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Auditing experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid understanding of IT internal control concepts and their applications
- Solid understanding of technology
- Knowledge of internal audit practices (i.e. IPPF framework) preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 standards and data analytics tools is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, consider applying for it anyway! Sedgwick is building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and recognizes that each person possesses a unique combination of skills, knowledge, and experience. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to make decisions; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, potential for 10 to 15% travel
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.