The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
Did you know that women and other marginalized groups are often reluctant to submit job applications if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We encourage you to take a chance! If you don’t satisfy every criterion, but know you can excel in the role, we urge you to apply! We’d love to connect and talk with you about joining our team.
Employer of Choice: ABA is recognized with a 2023Great Company Culture Award and 2023 Great Place to Work designation!
The Sr. Manager, Data Services, is an innovative manager responsible for developing and implementing corporate data information policies and procedures related to ABA’s Salesforce ecosystem.
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of Salesforce data governance, mapping, integration, quality, and reporting best practices in support of ABA’s business intelligence needs. The senior manager leads a team of two and collaborates across multiple functional areas to understand the Association’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives.
Nimble Data Management
• Creates and maintains data dictionary, standards and interface definitions for the Nimble AMS/Salesforce platform. Ensures that definitions and standards adhere to organization requirements.
• Monitors, evaluates and reports on the confidentiality, security, integrity and uses of Nimble AMS/Salesforce data.
• Works with Salesforce Applications Delivery team to define and monitor data loads to Nimble AMS/Salesforce platform.
• Assists business units with Nimble AMS/Salesforce data quality improvement efforts, particularly in the development of systematic processes to identify erroneous data/duplicates, merge/purge records, etc.
• Oversees the selection and execution of Salesforce-wide data quality initiatives
• Collaborates with business on data quality metrics and maintenance of ABA’s business data in Nimble AMS/Salesforce and other IT-owned systems.
• Manage vendor-provided Database Administrators (DBAs) to maintain a safe, secure, highly available SQL database environment. Rationalize legacy data with Salesforce/NimbleAMS data to ensure accurate reporting.
Reports and Dashboards
• Leads IT reporting efforts related to Nimble AMS/Salesforce.
• Works with IT leadership to expand the use of reporting tools (Salesforce, Tableau, Power BI) to make data-driven decisions.
• Leads IT-based support for ABA staff in the use of Nimble AMS/Salesforce reports and other data-related needs.
•Develops and maintains catalog and structure of Nimble AMS/Salesforce report and dashboard hierarchy and access permissions.
• Trains end users in effective reporting techniques.
Collaboration and Governance
• Leads a service-oriented group that effectively provides guidance and support for data and reporting services that are used by ABA’s internal customers.
• Works closely with ABA business leaders and vendors to ensure data and reporting decisions remain aligned with Nimble AMS/Salesforce requirements and capabilities.
• Collaborates with BI groups across ABA on data and reporting governance.
• Participates in vetting new technologies to ensure alignment with data and reporting needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in
• 8 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience including data architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations.
• 2+ years successfully managing a technology team.
• Familiarity with Salesforce platform (SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, Marketing Cloud) and NimbleAMS preferred.
• Experience working successfully with Salesforce and SQL databases.
• Experience working successfully with reporting tools (Salesforce report writer, Tableau, PowerBI).
• Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
• Proven project management experience.
• Experience successfully implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct data analysis, provide significant attention to detail, work independently, and make logical decisions based on defined criteria.
• Excellent computer skills, including NimbleAMS, Salesforce, Microsoft Word and Excel. MS Access experiences preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
• Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies within a diverse environment, maintaining positive and productive relationships with all departments within ABA.
• Knowledge of principles and practice of effective customer service.
• Demonstrable experience thinking strategically and driving transformation.
• Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
• Ability to travel (<20%).
Preferred Experience: Indicate the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
• Experience with big data systems.
• Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Working knowledge of data privacy practices and laws.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
About American Bankers Association
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.